- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 (16-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product with jalapeño peppers, cubed
- Cook bacon in a heavy saucepan until crisp, reserving drippings in pan. Gradually add broth and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in grits and diced tomatoes; return to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring often, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir until blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch