Tomato-Green Bean Risotto with Feta Cheese
We used the liquid from the can of green beans to add flavor and nutrients.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Carbohydrate: 48.6g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 1/2 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 8)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can cut green beans, undrained
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 (10 1/2-ounce) cans low-salt chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio or other short-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese with peppercorns
- Cut sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips; set aside.
- Drain beans in a colander over a medium saucepan; set beans aside. Add wine and broth to reserved canned liquid; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Combine 1/2 cup warm broth mixture and tomatoes in a bowl. Cover; set aside. Keep remaining broth mixture warm over low heat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add warm broth mixture, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth mixture is absorbed (about 20 minutes total). Add tomato mixture, beans, basil, and salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note