You'll love the flavor of this gravy. We tried it with canned tomatoes but prefer the flavor and texture of fresh. This recipe goes well roast beef.
More From Southern Living
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Sauté garlic and onion in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in whipping cream and remaining ingredients; simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note