Tomato Gratin from Eating Well
Community Recipe from
- 4 slice(s) whole-grain bread torn into quarters
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) finely shredded Pecorino Romano cheese (or Parmesan cheese)
- 4 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Place bread in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add garlic, oil and cheese; pulse to combine. Spread the seasoned breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, layer tomato slices in the prepared baking dish, sprinkling each layer with basil, salt and pepper. Bake the tomatoes for 10 minutes; sprinkle with the toasted breadcrumbs and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Gratin from Eating Well Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes