Tomato-Goat CHeese Tart with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette from Southern Living
Cookbook author Sheri Castle shared her recipe, a family favorite with us. Be sure to drain the ricotta before mixing with the goat cheese. Spread it gently into the delicate crust so it won't pull away from the pan. For the vinaigrette, process 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves; 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp. champagne vinegar, 2 tsp. lemon zest, 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp. honey, 1 minced garlic clove, in blender or food processor until smooth. Makes 1/2 cup.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Cheesecloth or coffee filter
- 3/4 cup(s) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cup(s) finely crushed buttery round crackers (about 42 crackers)
- 6 tablespoon(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper divided
- 3/4 pound(s) assorted small tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 6 ounce(s) goat cheese softened
- 6 green onions sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
- 1. Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with 3 layers of cheesecloth or 1 coffee filter. Place strainer over bowl. Spoon ricotta into strainer. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours; discard any accumulated liquid.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12x4" tart pan with cooking spray. Stir together crushed crackers, next 2 ingredients, & 1/2 tsp. pepper; press firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 35 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, toss tomatoes with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt & remaining 1/2 tsp. pepper in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 5. Stir together goat cheese, next 3 ingredients, strained ricotta, & remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a bowl until smooth. Spoon gently into prepared crust, and spread to the edges.
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7. Spoon tomatoes over warm tart, using a slotted spoon. Serve immediately with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato-Goat CHeese Tart with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers