Cookbook author Sheri Castle shared her recipe, a family favorite, with us. Be sure to drain the ricotta before mixing with the goat cheese. Spread it gently into the delicate crust so it won't pull away from the pan.
Southern Living JUNE 2013
1. Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with 3 layers of cheesecloth or 1 coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl. Spoon ricotta into strainer. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours; discard any accumulated liquid.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 12- x 4-inch tart pan with cooking spray. Stir together crushed crackers, next 2 ingredients, and 1/2 tsp. pepper; press firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, toss tomatoes with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and remaining 1/2 tsp. pepper in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
5. Stir together goat cheese, next 3 ingredients, strained ricotta, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a bowl until smooth. Spoon gently into prepared crust, and spread to edges.
6. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Spoon tomatoes over warm tart, using a slotted spoon. Serve immediately with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette.
Go to full version of