Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- Flour for the work surface
- 1 sheet puff-pastry dough, thawed according to package directions
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3-ounce package goat cheese
- Heat oven to 375° F.
Unfold the sheet of puff-pastry dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, thyme leaves, oil, vinegar (if using), salt, and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomato mixture to the pastry, overlapping the tomatoes slightly if necessary, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Crumble the goat cheese over the top. Bake until the dough is puffed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes before cutting into pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries