My wife and children love this recipe. We have it about once a month. I will usually use 8oz. of goat cheese, and whole eggs instead of just some of the yolks.
Tomato Goat Cheese Strata
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 415
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 50.3g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 880mg
- Calcium: 246mg
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 8 cups (1-inch) cubed sourdough bread (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add sage and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add pepper and tomatoes, stirring well. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Stir bread into tomato mixture; top with cheese. Pour egg mixture over tomato mixture (pan will be very full).
- Carefully place pan in oven; bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until egg is set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch