Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad with Bacon Dressing
Three harmonious flavors converge in this simple salad: smoky bacon, earthy goat cheese, and acidic tomatoes. Serve with a warm baguette slice and a glass of dry white wine to complete the meal.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 10.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 457mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Bacon Dressing
- 1. Arrange layers of tomato slices and next 3 ingredients evenly on each of 4 serving plates. Drizzle salads evenly with Bacon Dressing.
- Choice Ingredient
- We recommend using heirloom tomatoes, which are grown from the seeds of old-fashioned varieties, because of their full-bodied flavor and dazzling palette of colors. They vary from red to yellow and from green to purplish black. Look for them at farmers' markets during the summer months.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note