So good! The basil orange vinaigrette is especially wonderful! I did not have baby heirlooms, but followed the recipe except for that omission.
Photo: Robbie Caponetto, Laurey W. Glenn, Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
This colorful dish captures the best flavors of summer on one cool platter. A fresh basil dressing spiked with orange marmalade merges the sweet with the savory.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 pounds watermelon, sliced
- 2 pounds honeydew melon, sliced
- 1 fresh peach, sliced
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 2 red plums, cut into wedges
- 1 green tomato, sliced
- 1 pound assorted heirloom tomatoes, sliced or cubed
- 1 (12-oz.) package baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Basil-Orange Vinaigrette
- Arrange first 9 ingredients on a serving platter. Serve with Basil-Orange Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This