I thought this was good. I followed the recipe exactly. The cinnamon and red pepper made for an interesting combination. I will make again.
Tomato Florentine Pasta Bake
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons McCormickÂ® Oregano Leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormickÂ® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormickÂ® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormickÂ® Red Pepper, Crushed
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (6 ounces)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Cook turkey and onion in large nonstick skillet on medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, oregano, sugar, cinnamon, garlic powder and red pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package; drain well. Stir pasta and well-drained spinach into sauce until well mixed. Spread 1/2 of the pasta mixture in 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Spread ricotta cheese evenly over pasta. Top with remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
3. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
A Taste For Health Tip: Use 2 cans (8 ounces each) no salt added tomato sauce in place of the regular tomato sauce to save 307mg sodium per serving.
Nutritional information per serving
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Cholesterol: 64 mg
Sodium: 633 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 25 g
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes