Use kitchen shears to chop tomatoes right in the can.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Japanese breadcrumbs (panko) or dry breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 (28-oz.) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- 2. Combine Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and 2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs in a small bowl.
- 3. Cook onion in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 more minute. Stir in spinach, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 4. Place tomatoes in a 9-inch square baking dish. Spoon spinach mixture evenly over tomatoes; sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note