Everyone loved this recipe. I cooked it longer than the recipe indicated. This one is a keeper!
Tomato Flatbread with Goat Cheese
Serve with salad for a light lunch, or offer as an appetizer at your next outdoor party. Choose different colors of tomatoes for the most striking presentation.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 22.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 298mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 11.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 8 basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1. Dissolve yeast in 3/4 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Add oil, and stir until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- 2. Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 16 x 11–inch rectangle; place dough on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 3. While dough rises, arrange tomato slices in a single layer on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Lightly press down occasionally.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 5. Arrange tomato slices over dough. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 375° for 28 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove flatbread from pan; cool 5 minutes on a wire rack. Sprinkle with chives and parsley. Arrange basil over flatbread; sprinkle with additional pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note