Tomato and Feta Toasts with Mixed Greens Salad
Utilize summer's bounty in this superfast, super healthy Tomato and Feta Toasts with Mixed Greens Salad--the ultimate open-face tomato sandwich.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbohydrate: 23.8g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 605mg
- Calcium: 375mg
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, diced
- 4 (1-ounce) slices country wheat bread
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 ounces spinach and arugula salad mix
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients. Add feta; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Place bread on baking sheet; broil 45 seconds on each side. Rub with garlic. Divide tomato slices over bread. Remove feta from oil with a slotted spoon; crumble 1 ounce over each toast. Add juice, sugar, and salt to oil; stir. Add remaining ingredients; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note