- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, diced
- 4 (1-ounce) slices country wheat bread
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 ounces spinach and arugula salad mix
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- calories 267
- fat 16.3 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 7.4 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 9.1 g
- carbohydrate 23.8 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 12 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 605 mg
- calcium 375 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Combine first 6 ingredients. Add feta; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
Place bread on baking sheet; broil 45 seconds on each side. Rub with garlic. Divide tomato slices over bread. Remove feta from oil with a slotted spoon; crumble 1 ounce over each toast. Add juice, sugar, and salt to oil; stir. Add remaining ingredients; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.