- 1/4 cup tomato puree, divided
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 tablespoon tomato puree in four 6-ounce custard cups. Place one poached egg on top of puree in each cup. Set cups aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon equal amounts of white sauce over eggs in custard cups. Sprinkle cheese over top of white sauce; add salt and pepper. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch