Tomato Eggplant Tart
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Med Eggplant sliced 1/4 inch slices
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- Fresh thyme chopped
- 4 Plum tomato thinly sliced
- 1 C shredded mozz cheese
- 2 T fresh grated Parm. cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Frozen pie crust thawed and arranged in pie plate
- Arrange eggplant slices on paper towels in single layer. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand 15 min. Pat dry and brush egglpant with 1/2 tsp oil. Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cook spray. Bake at 400 for 20 min. Stack slices on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, let stand 7 min to steam.
- Heat large nonstick skillet coated in cook spray over meduim heat. Add garlic, cook 1 min constantly stirring. Remove from heat, add remaining salt, thyme and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle 2 TBS mozz cheese on bottom of pie crust. Layer eggplant and tomato mixture, sprinkling with mozz and parm cheese. Bake at 400 until cheese melts and crust is golden, about 10 min.
- Cut into 8 wedges. Great with a green salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kubedoo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Eggplant Tart Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles