This recipe is a snap to make ahead. The day before serving, combine the first 4 ingredients; cover and chill. Boil eggs, peel, and slice; cover and chill. Slice the tomatoes and toast the bread just before assembling the sandwiches. It's not necessary to cut the toasted bread slices with a cutter, but it looks really nice.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (9-oz.) jar horseradish sauce
- 1 small onion, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 (1-oz.) package Ranch dressing mix
- 12 white sandwich bread slices, toasted
- 12 whole wheat sandwich bread slices, toasted
- 24 tomato slices (about 6 medium-size ripe tomatoes)
- 48 hard-cooked egg slices (about 8 large eggs)
- Chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1. Beat cream cheese and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; set aside.
- 2. Cut 24 rounds from toasted bread using a 3-inch cutter. (Select a cutter close to the size of the tomato slices.) Reserve bread trimmings for another use, if desired.
- 3. Spread 1 side of each round evenly with cream cheese mixture; top with 1 tomato slice and 2 egg slices. Sprinkle evenly with dill and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note