Notes: If making ahead, cover and chill up to 3 days.
Yield: Makes 4 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 4.2
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 1.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1. Immerse tomatoes in boiling water to cover for 5 seconds (if ripe) to 15 seconds (if firm). Lift out and drain. Core tomatoes and pull off skin; discard cores and skins. Halve tomatoes crosswise; squeeze out juice and seeds and discard.
- 2. In a food processor, combine seeded tomatoes, onion, garlic, serrano chiles, and red wine vinegar. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour into a bowl.
- 3. In processor, pulse cucumber until coarsely chopped. Add to tomato mixture and season with salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato-Cucumber Salsa Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments