- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- Coarse kosher salt
- calories 4.2
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- protein 0.1 g
- fat 0.0 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 0.9 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 1.5 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Immerse tomatoes in boiling water to cover for 5 seconds (if ripe) to 15 seconds (if firm). Lift out and drain. Core tomatoes and pull off skin; discard cores and skins. Halve tomatoes crosswise; squeeze out juice and seeds and discard.
In a food processor, combine seeded tomatoes, onion, garlic, serrano chiles, and red wine vinegar. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour into a bowl.
In processor, pulse cucumber until coarsely chopped. Add to tomato mixture and season with salt to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.