Tomato Cucumber Salad with Panela Cheese
Notes: Panela, a mild Mexican-style cheese that tastes much like fresh mozzarella, is available in well-stocked supermarkets and Latino food markets. Use fresh mozzarella as an alternative.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 81%
- Protein: 6.5g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 222mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- 3 firm-ripe tomatoes (6 oz. each), rinsed, cored, and sliced
- 1 cucumber (1/2 lb.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound panela cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber, and cheese on a platter.
- 2. Mix lime juice and oil; pour evenly over salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads