Brought this to a 4th of July celebration, and I got rave reviews. It's super easy to make, and I thought it was quite tasty. Also, a nice cool, summer treat. I used Ken's red vinegar and oil salad dressing instead of Newman's Own---also saved some fat and calories. I used kosher salt instead of table salt. Definitely will make again.
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups small, vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Stir together cucumber, onion, and tomatoes. Add oil-and-vinegar dressing, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Tip: Grape or cherry tomatoes, halved, may be substituted .
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Campari tomatoes and Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note