Tomato Cucumber Salad
Notes: Up to 1 hour ahead, assemble salad. Add dressing when serving. Buy nasturtium flowers and leaves, grown for eating, in the produce section. Or, if you grow nasturtiums without chemicals or pesticides in your own garden, you can pick and use them.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 83%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 pound English or lemon cucumber, rinsed
- 6 firm-ripe tomatoes (1/2 lb. total), rinsed and cored
- Tender nasturtium or romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed and drained
- Nasturtium vinaigrette
- Dill sprigs (optional), rinsed
- 8 nasturtium sprigs and flowers, or watercress sprigs, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Slice cucumber and tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- 2. Line a platter with nasturtium leaves. Arrange sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on leaves.
- 3. Drizzle salad with vinaigrette. Garnish with dill and nasturtium sprigs or flowers. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads