Tomato, Cucumber, and Sweet Onion Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) coarse sea salt
- 2 1/4 pound(s) tomatoes cored, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound(s) cucumbers peeled, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- In a skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant, 30 seconds; transfer to a mortar and let cool. Add the salt and grind to a coarse powder.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the cumin salt over the salad and toss. Serve the salad on a platter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MissMC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes