Tomato, Cucumber, and Sweet Onion Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) coarse sea salt
- 2 1/4 pound(s) tomatoes cored, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound(s) cucumbers peeled, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- In a skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant, 30 seconds; transfer to a mortar and let cool. Add the salt and grind to a coarse powder.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the cumin salt over the salad and toss. Serve the salad on a platter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MissMC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note