I like this as a different salmon recipe, it's a unique combo of favors, also not hard to make. My only issue is that I usually have to simmer more than 3 minutes to cook the fish through. Get the thinnest fillet(s) you can to help cook faster.
Tangy tomatoes, sweet oranges, and briny olives bring lively color and bold flavor to this simple dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 19.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.3g
- Protein: 35.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 441mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 3 large navel oranges, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon orange rind; squeeze 1/4 cup juice from 1 orange into a sieve over a bowl. Section remaining 2 oranges to equal 1 cup sections. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper over fish. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish, top side down, to pan; cook 5 minutes. Remove fish from pan. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Add tomato, olives, orange juice, and orange rind to pan; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Arrange fish, browned side up, over tomato mixture in pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Add orange sections; cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes