- 12 ripe tomatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 habanero pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup white vinegar
How to Make It
Peel and slice tomatoes. Place tomato and next 5 ingredients in a food processor. Process 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
Place puree in a heavy saucepan; stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until thickened.
Pack mixture into hot jars, filling 1/2 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands. Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes.