Yield: 4 (1/2-pint) jars
- 12 ripe tomatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 habanero pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Peel and slice tomatoes. Place tomato and next 5 ingredients in a food processor. Process 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Place puree in a heavy saucepan; stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until thickened.
- Pack mixture into hot jars, filling 1/2 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands. Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Chutney Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments