This was incredibly easy, and quite flavorful. I used a half cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in oil.Fresh basil makes all the difference in this dish.
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Cream gives the sauce a rich, silky finish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 426
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 40.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 537mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato sprinkles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, combine water and tomato sprinkles in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- While tomato soaks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add shallots and chicken, and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in wine and cream. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the pasta, tomato, chicken mixture, 1/4 cup basil, cheese, and salt, tossing well to coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes