Tomato Chicken Curry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) Vegetable or Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Ghee or Butter
- 1 whole(s) Onion (sliced)
- 3 whole(s) medium white potatoes quartered
- FOR THE CURRY PASTE:
- 2 whole(s) large onions
- 1 Ginger (about an inch piece)
- 6 clove(s) Garlic
- 1 can(s) 400g Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 Handful of Fresh Coriander (+ a bit for garnish)
- 1 juice from half a lemon
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Allspice
- 2 teaspoon(s) Garam Masala
- 1 pinch of brown sugar
- MEAT REQUIRED:
- 1 whole(s) Chicken cut into 8 pieces (or try chicken leg quarters)
- 1. For the paste, first chop anything too large for the blender and then blend all of the curry paste ingredients together making sure the mix retains some texture. Add oil or water to help it along if it needs it.
- 2. Heat the oil and ghee/butter in a deep saucepan or casserole dish. Fry the chicken until slightly browned, then add the paste, stir and cover and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add the sliced onion and potatoes and cover an cook for a further 10 minutes then reduce the heat and cook uncovered until the sauce thickens and the chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- 4. Check the seasoning and add more salt if needed.
- 5. Scatter fresh chopped coriander over the top and serve with rice, roti or toasted pitta bread and natural yoghurt sprinkled with chopped red onion and mint.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hopskotch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note