Serve this easy Tomato-Cheese Sauce over your favorite pasta or in your favorite pasta dish.
This recipe goes with Shrimp Lasagna with Creamy Tomato Sauce
Yield: Makes about 4 cups
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in milk, bring to a simmer, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Whisk in tomato paste, and cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat, and stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This