Tomato and Cheddar Tarts
Yield: 4 to 6
Cost per Serving: $2.09
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 800
- Fat: 53g
- Saturated fat: 29g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 oz.) Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (15 oz.) box prepared pie crust (with 2 crusts)
- 2 cups bagged, shredded Cheddar cheese (about 10 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Season sliced tomatoes with 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions and water; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 10 minutes. Uncover and then season with remaining salt. Cook until the onions are dry, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Unroll pie dough on one side of a large baking sheet. Spread 3/4 cup cheese evenly on dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with half of onion and half of tomato and then sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top. Fold border of dough partially over filling. Repeat with remaining piece of dough and other ingredients.
- Bake tarts until crusts are golden brown and flaky, about 50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into large wedges and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This