- 1 gallon finely chopped, peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup vinegar
How to Make It
Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue to boil, uncovered, 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Press tomato mixture through a sieve; return strained mixture to stockpot. Bring to a boil. Boil gently 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Quickly ladle catsup into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process catsup in boiling-water bath 20 minutes.