This is a classic Southern flavor combination. The sugar forms a nice caramel crust on the tomatoes.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups soft white bread cubes (about 3 slices)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Stir together all ingredients. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note