Notes: Up to 2 days ahead, make tomato mixture, cover, and chill; bring to room temperature before serving. Up to 1 day ahead, make toast and, when cool, seal airtight and hold at room temperature.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 34
- Calories from fat: 7.9%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup (about 2 oz.) firmly packed dried tomato slices
- 1 baguette (1/2 lb.)
- 1 green onion (including green top), ends trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes with 1 cup boiling water; let stand until soft and pliable, about 15 minutes. Drain tomatoes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut baguette diagonally into 24 slices. Arrange on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until toasted on each side, about 2 minutes total.
- 3. In a food processor, finely mince tomatoes, onion, garlic, capers, and oregano with lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. (Or with a knife, mince tomatoes, onion, garlic, capers, and oregano, then add lemon juice and vinegar.) Add salt to taste.
- 4. Spoon tomato mixture into a small bowl and accompany with toast. Spread tomato mixture onto toast to eat.
- Nutritional analysis per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note