- 1 cup (about 2 oz.) firmly packed dried tomato slices
- 1 baguette (1/2 lb.)
- 1 green onion (including green top), ends trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- calories 34
- caloriesfromfat 7.9 %
- protein 1.3 g
- fat 0.3 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- carbohydrate 6.6 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- sodium 76 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes with 1 cup boiling water; let stand until soft and pliable, about 15 minutes. Drain tomatoes.
Meanwhile, cut baguette diagonally into 24 slices. Arrange on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until toasted on each side, about 2 minutes total.
In a food processor, finely mince tomatoes, onion, garlic, capers, and oregano with lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. (Or with a knife, mince tomatoes, onion, garlic, capers, and oregano, then add lemon juice and vinegar.) Add salt to taste.
Spoon tomato mixture into a small bowl and accompany with toast. Spread tomato mixture onto toast to eat.
Nutritional analysis per piece.