- 6 (1/2-inch) pieces diagonally sliced French bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Brush both sides of each bread slice with olive oil. Grill over high heat (450° to 600°), turning once, 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted.
Combine tomatoes and next 5 ingredients; toss well. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over bread slices.
Reprinted with permission from LIFE'S A BEACH COTTAGE: SECOND HELPINGS, MODERN MUSEUM PUBLISHING, 2008; www.MODERNMUSEUM.CO.ZA