1. Cut French bread halves into 4 equal pieces. Scoop out and reserve soft centers of bread, leaving shells intact with 1/2-inch-thick sides and 1 1/2-inch-thick bottoms.
2. Cut reserved soft centers of bread halves into small cubes. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350° for 14 to 15 minutes or until toasted and lightly browned. Remove from oven; place toasted bread cubes in a large bowl. Place bread shells, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Brush cut sides evenly with olive oil. Increase oven temperature to broil.
4. Broil bread shells 5 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven.
5. Place tomatoes in a small mixing bowl, and gently crush with a fork. Add toasted bread cubes, basil, and next 3 ingredients, tossing to coat.
6. Using a slotted spoon, fill each toasted bread shell evenly with tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
7. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top each portion evenly with crumbled bacon.
Go to Full Version of