Best tomato soup I have ever had! It was quick and easy and my whole family really enjoyed it. Just paired it with grilled cheese (muenster) sandwiches and it was a hit!!
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 3 (14.5-oz.) cans good-quality diced tomatoes
- 2 large onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon jarred beef soup base
- 1 teaspoon jarred chicken soup base
- 2 fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Garnishes: whipped cream, golden caviar, fresh parsley or chive sprigs
- 1. Bring first 10 ingredients and 5 cups water to a boil in a large stockpot over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until reduced by one-fourth. Cool 15 minutes.
- 2. Process with a handheld blender until smooth. Stir in cream and next 3 ingredients. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 4 days, or freeze up to 8 weeks. Reheat over medium heat until soup simmers. (Do not boil.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note