added more half and half and garlic, ood but not fabulous
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 483mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 14.5-oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 28-oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sugar and cook until onion is soft and golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Slowly pour broth into pan, scraping brown bits from bottom. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until soup has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture in batches and return to pot. Stir in half-and-half and cayenne pepper. Season with salt. Heat through and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This