Catching up on magazines that have been piling up... and found this recipe just in time for New Year's Eve 2013. I did not have mayonnaise on hand so made some fresh, using olive oil (not canola) and it was fabulous!
Tomato-Baby Bell Pepper Tartlets
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 126mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 3 baby bell peppers, cut into 1/8-inch-thick rings
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Unfold dough; place on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Roll gently into a 10 x 9inch rectangle. Cut dough into 20 (2 1/4 x 2inch) rectangles. Score each rectangle about 1/8-inch from edge. Prick each dough piece liberally with a fork. Arrange dough pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; chill 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic, stirring well. Spread a scant 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture over each dough piece. Top each tartlet with about 2 tomato slices and 2 bell pepper rings. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with thyme.
- Wine Match: A smooth, light-tannin red like Michele Chiarlo, Barbera d'Asti “Le Orme,” Italy ($14) has vibrant fruit and tangy acidity that easily handles the rich Parmigiano-Reggiano and allows the sweet tomatoes and peppers to shine. —Scott Jones
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This