- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 3 baby bell peppers, cut into 1/8-inch-thick rings
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- calories 162
- fat 11.1 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 2.9 g
- polyfat 5.8 g
- protein 3.1 g
- carbohydrate 12.4 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 126 mg
- calcium 39 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Unfold dough; place on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Roll gently into a 10 x 9inch rectangle. Cut dough into 20 (2 1/4 x 2inch) rectangles. Score each rectangle about 1/8-inch from edge. Prick each dough piece liberally with a fork. Arrange dough pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; chill 10 minutes.
Combine cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic, stirring well. Spread a scant 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture over each dough piece. Top each tartlet with about 2 tomato slices and 2 bell pepper rings. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with thyme.
Wine Match: A smooth, light-tannin red like Michele Chiarlo, Barbera d'Asti “Le Orme,” Italy ($14) has vibrant fruit and tangy acidity that easily handles the rich Parmigiano-Reggiano and allows the sweet tomatoes and peppers to shine. —Scott Jones