This was good, easy to prepare, and hearty. The only change I made was using regular white rice instead of wild (it's what I had on hand). Not the most fabulous dish I've ever had, but a good, solid recipe.
Tomato-Beef-Wild Rice Soup
- 1 pound beef tips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large onions, sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 (14-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Sauté beef, in batches, in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until brown. Add celery ribs and next 3 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in beef broth and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Cover and simmer 30 more minutes or until rice is tender. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This