I tried several bruschetta recipes before choosing this one for a tapas & sangria party. Fresh, bright flavors, and easy to make ahead.
Tomato and Basil-Topped Garlic Bruschetta
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Italian bread or peasant bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved and divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups finely chopped seeded tomato (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Rub one side of toast with cut side of 1 garlic clove half; set toast aside. Discard garlic clove half. Mince remaining garlic clove half.
- 3. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add tomato and onion to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat. Stir in vinegar and capers. Cool completely. Stir in basil, salt, and pepper. Spoon 1/3 cup tomato mixture onto each toast slice. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This