More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 144
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Stir together first 8 ingredients; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon tomato mixture over baguette slices. Sprinkle with basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato-Basil Toasts Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers