Tomato Basil Tart
Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/3 cup crushed round buttery crackers, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 7 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly shredded
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Garnishes: fresh basil, sliced tomato
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch square tart pan according to package directions; trim edges. Prick crust with a fork.
- Bake crust at 350° for 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle half of cracker
- crumbs over crust.
- Stir together cheese and mayonnaise.
- Dollop and then spread half of cheese filling over crumbs. Arrange tomato slices over filling, sprinkling evenly with salt and pepper. Add basil and crumbled bacon. Dollop and then spread remaining cheese filling on top. Sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 24 to 25 minutes or until browned. Garnish, if desired.
- Recipe adapted from Cape Fear...Still Cooking.
A 9-inch pieplate may be substituted for a 9-inch square tart pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note