Tomato Basil Soup (Le Madeline Style)
Community Recipe from
- 1 bag(s) See preparation details for ingredient
- 4 cups tomatoes, peeled, cored and chopped, or canned whole tomatoes
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 14 washed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 pound sweet, unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, juice and stock in saucepan. Simmer 30 minutes. Puree, along with the basil leaves, in small batches, in blender, food processor (or better yet, one of those handy hand-held food blenders, right in the cooking pan).
- Return to saucepan and add cream and butter, while stirring, over low heat. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with your favorite bread.
- 244 calories, 23 grams fat, 10 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams protein per serving. This recipe is low in carbs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Aprildris and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Basil Soup (Le Madeline Style) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes