Tomato-Basil Soup from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28oz) can(s) fire-roasted diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 cup(s) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (4 oz), cut into cubes
- 2 cup(s) 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 12 slice(s) french bread (1/2" thick)
- cooking spray
- 1 clove(s) garlic halved
- 1 ounce(s) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add basil and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Place mixture in blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pan; stir in milk, salt and pepper. Return to medium-high heat; cook 2 minutes.
- 3. Place bread on baking sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray. Broil 1 minute. Rub garlic over toasted side; turn bread over. Top with Asiago; broil 1 minute.
- CALORIES: 312 FAT: 13.9g (sat:6.3g, mono:4.5g, poly:0.9g) PROTEIN: 13.2g
- CARB: 33.8g FIBER: 3.4g CHOL: 33mg IRON: 14mg SODIUM: 506mg
- CALC: 281mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato-Basil Soup from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes