Tomato Basil Pie
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1 package(s) prepared pie crust precook for 10 minutes
- 6 whole(s) tomatoes slightly sqeezed and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano cheese grated
- 5 cup(s) mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 package(s) basil fresh
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- Precook crust per package directions for 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. Layer two cups of the mozzarella cheese in bottom of precooked crust.
- 2. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of parmagiano reggiano cheese over the mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Spread fresh basil leaves to cover the cheese.
- 4. Place sliced tomatoes in a single layer covering the entire bottom.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for a second layer
- Make the topping:
- 1. Place one cup of mayonnaise in a bowl.
- 2. Stir in one cup of mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Stir in 1/2 cup of parmagiano reggiano cheese.
- 4. Tear up about 8 basil leaves into small pieces and stir in with the mayo/cheese.
- Now spread a thin layer of the topping all over the top of the pie. Be sure to cover the entire top all the way to the edges.
- Fold foil over the edges of the pie crust and then place the pie in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for about 15 minutes before eating.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CindiWilkins and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note