Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup (from blog 365 days of slow cooking)
Makes 2 quarts. Can add shrimp or crab.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 28 ounce(s) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup(s) celery finely diced
- 1 cup(s) carrots finely diced
- 1 cup(s) onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried or 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 whole(s) bay leaf
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) half and half warmed
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, broth, onions, oregano, basil and bay leaf to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours until flavors blended and veggies soft.
- About 30' before serving prepare a roux. Melt butter over low heat in skillet and add flour. Stir constantly with a whisk 5 - 7 minutes. Slowly stir in 1 cup hot soup. Add another 3 cups and stir until smooth. Add all back into slow cooker.
- Stir and add Parmesan cheese, warmed half and half, salt and pepper. Add basil and oregano if needed. Cover and cook on low another 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SandyPTA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup (from blog 365 days of slow cooking) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews