- 1 1/2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 1 1/4 pounds firm-ripe tomatoes, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- About 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- calories 255
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- protein 7.8 g
- fat 9 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 74 mg
- cholesterol 2.6 mg
How to Make It
In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 1 1/2 to 2 quarts water to a boil. Add orzo and cook until barely tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, rinse and core tomatoes; chop and place in a large bowl. Add basil, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar; mix gently.
Drain pasta well and add to tomato mixture. Mix, adding parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.